Hey folks – a great job opportunity has opened at Red Giant Software. This is a fantastic gig, so if you have the chops or you know someone that does, make sure to read through and apply. Here’s the info:
Online Marketing Manager
Downtown Portland (or possibly remote) (Portland, Oregon Area)
Red Giant Software is an awesome software tools provider. Our tools are used by the best visual effects artists in the world creating the amazing things you see in feature films and on TV every day. The company has an office in Portland, Oregon but our employees are spread out all over the world giving us a reach far beyond the small team of employees. We give our employees a lot of autonomy, and responsibility to solve problems—all that matters is results. We like making decision and shipping products not having meetings. If you feel like you have what it takes, this might be the best company you will ever work for–we really mean that. Read on to see if you have what it takes to join our team.
• You will need to develop ways to increase our marketing efforts outside of our core market in North America. You will drive programs to reach new consumer segments outside of the US.
• You will manage marketing budgets and work with outside agencies to develop and implement digital campaigns across social media, display ad, keyword and direct marketing efforts. You will manage implementation of all new marketing plans.
• You will need to track trends and new tools available for digital marketing, ROI is paramount.
• You will need to gather data from vendors/partners about traffic, online behavior, response rates and marketing campaigns. You will need to prepare and highlight reports for the management team and make recommendations on improving marketing spending and return on investment.
• You will create efficient processes for working with web developers to achieve marketing and sales goals.
• You will work with web developers to implement new programs, including overseeing integration with marketing automation and tracking tools.
• You will work with PR to coordinate our marketing campaigns with communications to bloggers, twitterers and every other avenue of one-to-many word-of-mouth opportunities that we can find to spread the gospel of Red Giant.
• You will definitely help us identify new ways to improve user experience, data-gathering and product presentation on our own properties and external sites.
• You will have access to a database of 200,000+ email recipients for direct marketing. You will need to exploit these names to communicate the Red Giant product messages in a way that delights and doesn’t annoy.
• You will manage the production of new marketing materials and web content to support product launches, marketing programs, etc You won’t be alone but everyone contributes and gets their hands dirty.
• You will have responsibility for optimizing cross-marketing initiative for all online properties to help us sell great products to our current customers.
• This role requires that you have a bachelor’s degree, an MBA is nice but not required. Experience matters as much as education.
• We are looking for someone with extensive experience developing digital marketing strategies and dashboards for tracking results. If you don’t have this, then why are you applying?
• At least 5 years direct experience in web-based marketing, with proven ability to measure results.
• We sell to creatives and we need you to be creative.
• Red Giant is about shipping products and your role is to help analyze how we do when communicating with our customers and prospects.
• You must have the ability to manage competing priorities.
• You won’t be managing dozens of people but we like folks that have some management experience.
• You must have the ability to crisply describe your vision. Every email you send needs to be short and to the point, any dissertations will be ignored.
* Some experience in using digital media tools is a plus, this include video editing or photo editing tools.
• Multi-lingual or multicultural experience outside of the US is a big plus.
• Please no drama queens or political players, we can smell it from a mile away and you just want fit into our culture.
Please review our web site, our Twitter feeds, Facebook page, download a trial of our software, send an email, or be creative in how you learn more about Red Giant. If you are interested in applying for this position, we expect that you would be able to generate a couple of simple ideas about how you would improve product and company communication. Please respond with your ideas and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Founded in 2002, Red Giant Software creates an ever-expanding universe of effects tools ranging from plug-in suites, applications and mobile apps to Guru Presets and sharing communities. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that are used for everything from web production to major motion pictures to worldwide television programming. Red Giant offers the industry-leading Trapcode tools for broadcast design; Magic Bullet Suite for color correction; and over 60 products that run in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Avid, Vegas, Nuke, and Studio. Our effects have enhanced dozens of feature films such as Angels & Demons and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and added sparkle to networks like NBC Universal, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy Central, MTV, and TNT. Join us on Facebook (facebook.com/RedGiantSoftware), follow us on Twitter (@RedGiantNews) and get free content at www. redgiantpeople.com
Posted: January 13, 2011
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Industries: Computer Software
Compensation: Based on Experience
Referral Bonus:* None
Job ID: 1345804