By Andrew Cheyne
Published on Friday, April 13th, 2012
Well, that was fun! As you may have seen already, a recent update to FCPX ended up causing a bug with Previews in Magic Bullet Looks 2.0. We jumped right on getting a fix in place and are happy to say that the fix is ready to go! So, go ahead and update FCPX, update Looks to the latest (2.0.7) and you’re good to go.
Many thanks to the team over at Apple for helping us out on this one!
To get the update, either use the Red Giant Link updater already on your system or you can download the latest installer here.
We didn’t want to hold back a couple of other fixes we had in the pipeline so the full details on this Magic Bullet update include:
- Looks 2.0.7 fixes the Preview issue (image inversion and/or doubling) when used after updating to FCPX 10.0.4.
- It also fixes “hands on” mode in the Magic Bullet Looks application on OSX.
- Sony Vegas users will also notice we have fixed the issue with Looks not respecting the “assume Linear Gamma” setting.
- In all host apps, the Hue/Saturation tool is now available in the Subject category as it was meant to be!
- In other Magic Bullet news, we also took a look at Grinder and fixed the issue many users have reported where Grinder would crash on launch on OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard) systems.
Enjoy, and thanks for your patience while we fixed this up!