The new OS from Apple (OS X 10.8) has a new “Gatekeeper” Security setting that is by default turned on. You will find that Gatekeeper currently only opens installers that Apple has “signed”. Our installer packages are not signed in this way so you may encounter that they aren’t opening up after you’ve upgraded to OS X 10.8.
How to turn off Gatekeeper to Install Red Giant Products on Mountain Lion OS X 10.8:
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click the Lock icon at the bottom-left corner to enter your administrator's name and password to make changes if it does not appear unlocked.
- Under "Allow applications downloaded from:" choose the "Anywhere" option.
- When the dialog box pops up, click "Allow From Anywhere" to confirm.
- You may now open and run the Red Giant installer.
- After installation finishes, you may change the Security Download Setting back to its previous and/or default option.
Date Modified: 2013-09-18 00:01:22