Grade like a Master Artist with 30 film looks
- Film directors and cinematographers have long been influenced by the paintings of Master Artists, using the visual language explored by these painters to inform their own film and video work. Visual techniques like Chiaroscuro, Sfumato and the Impressionist style of capturing light, color and specular highlights have all been used to stunning effect in film and video.
Now you can replicate these techniques in your own films using Master Artists for Looks, a collection of presets created by Red Giant Guru and Colorist Simon Walker. Classical painters who spent their lives investigating light, color and form have taught us a great deal about composition, color and light in video. This Guru Preset will give you the confidence to shoot and grade your footage like an artist.
- Stunning painterly treatments are easily applied to a wide range of footage, including landscapes, interiors and closeups.
- 30 original visual looks are based on techniques of Master Artists from the Renaissance through Post-Impressionism.
- Classical presets include the light and airiness of the early fresco painters, through Chiaroscuro and Sfumato Renaissance techniques.
- Modern art painting is represented by colorful styles that include Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and Colourist.
- Spanning the centuries from Fra Angelico to Picasso, these looks are carefully crafted to give your films the look of a fine art masterpiece.
About the Artist
Simon (www.simonwalkerfreelance.com) is an instructor for the International Colorist Academy, an Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor, and an Apple Certified Master Trainer in Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Pro X. He runs color correction seminars for creative and technical video professionals using a variety of host applications. Catch his links to free tutorials and grading tips at: twitter.com/simonwalker