The instructions included below are for systems with 32-bit or 64-bit Windows Vista & Windows 7 systems (but not Windows XP). These instructions should help you to get our products working on your system.
Please disable any virus protection software before installing your Red Giant product.
- Right-Click on the Red Giant installer.exe and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box labeled Run this program in compatibility mode for. Leave the default choice of Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in the pulldown menu. Click Apply, then OK.
- Right-click on the Red Giant installer.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Troubleshooting: Install first in XP compatibility, then normally — i.e. not in XP compatibility — if the first option doesn't work. One mode may work better than the other depending upon your system setup.
If prompted, click Run in the warning dialog, and then install as normal.
- After installation, Right-click on your host application launch icon and select Run as administrator. Running in this mode may be required to re-serialize the product (if necessary) and to use our plug-ins.
- Troubleshooting: Open your host application first in Run as Administrator, then normally — i.e. not Run as Administrator — if the first option doesn't work. One mode may work better than the other depending upon your system setup.
- If you are still having problems with serializing your product please install the product in demo mode (if you were unable to enter your serial number during installation) and then preform these serializaton troubleshooting steps.
Date Modified: 2011-03-11 16:46:01