You have a couple of options to find your lost serial number. If the product is still installed and serialized, your serial number may be located on your own system. If the product is not installed, the serial number can be retrieved again from Red Giant Software as long as the product was purchased directly from Red Giant.
To look up your serial number using the methods just described, please follow the instructions included below. If the product was purchased from a reseller, please contact your reseller directly for your order information.
If the product is still installed on your system, your serial number can be located by using one of the two methods listed below.
a) On Mac systems, the serial number is stored here:
Open this file with TextEdit to view your serial number.
b) On Windows systems, the serial number is stored within your registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Giant Software\[product]\[host]
The serial number is listed under the "Data" column of the "serial" string.
If you have completely lost your serial number information and need to retrieve it again, please review the three options below to determine which method is applicable for you.
- Once you have logged in to your account, click the "See Orders" link.
- Next, click on the appropriate date to view your order invoice.
- Serial numbers for each product are listed under the "Serial #" column. Please allow at least 3 hours from purchase for a serial number to be assigned to your product.
- If you are unsure of which serial number belongs to which product, please refer to the following FAQ to help distinguish between them: How can I tell which product my serial number belongs to?
- If your serial number is not listed in your specific order after 3 hours from purchase, please provide the following information when you contact us so we can retrieve your order: First/last name used in order; email address used in order; date of purchase; and Red Giant Software order number.