If Trapcode does not appear in your host application or does not function correctly, this may be related to a Sharing & Permission privilege level on your system. Please use the instructions included below to repair these privileges.
- Please open your System Preferences and select Accounts. Then make sure the account in which you are logged in has administrator access.
- Please ensure that you are running the latest updates available for your operating system and host application.
- Please uninstall all affected Trapcode files.
- Run the Red Giant Uninstaller app that is located in your downloaded product package.
- Need to download this again? Download products here.
- Re-Install Trapcode products.
- After installation is complete, correct Sharing & Permissions privileges on all of the Trapcode folders and files. You will not see all of these folders if you do not have every Trapcode product installed.
- Trapcode should now appear and fully function in your host application's effects list.
+ View screen shots of where Trapcode is located in host applications
Final Cut Pro
: Effects>Video Filters>Trapcode>
After Effects: Effects>Trapcode>
Premiere Pro: Effects>Video Effects>Trapcode>
- If the plug-in still does not show up in the effects list or function correctly, please try these additional troubleshooting tips.
- If you are using Premiere Pro, refresh the PluginCache by holding down the Shift key while Premiere Pro starts, and then release the Shift key when the ‘Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro’ window appears.
- Reboot system and then re-open your host application.
- Double-check that all Trapcode plug-in folders and files Sharing & Permissions privileges are set to 'Read & Write.'
- Ensure that your host application and Trapcode plug-ins are both installed on the main hard drive.
- Ensure that the correct destination directories exist on your hard drive.
- If you have recently re-installed your host application or OS, there may be a corrupt installation of one or both of these.
- If you have performed a system migration or Time Machine backup, it is very common that not all the required files and folders were backed up or transferred. To correct this, a re-installation of your host application might be necessary, for example.
Date Modified: 2012-06-12 14:47:17