Red Giant products that are included in Trapcode Suite 11, Magic Bullet Suite 11, Keying Suite 11 and Effects Suite 10 as well as Magic Bullet Quick Looks are able to be installed for Adobe CS5.5 and Adobe CS6 by downloading the most recent installer and selecting the Adobe CS5.5 or Adobe CS6 check box during installation.
Red Giant products that do not have a Adobe CS5.5 or Adobe CS6 install option (i.e. Red Giant's Free Products) will require the product to be installed for Adobe CS5 and manually move the folders/files to the proper Adobe CS5.5 or CS6 directories. If you wish to install these Red Giant products for Adobe CS5.5 or CS6 you may refer to the steps included below.
Step 1 - How to install for Adobe CS5.5 on Mac OS X
- Be logged-in as the Admin.
- Installing while logged-in as a user and entering the Admin's password to authenticate the installer will not properly install the software.
- If you are using an installer with an Adobe CS5.5 or Adobe CS6 install option, select this to install for your desired version of Adobe.
- This will automatically install the product to the correct Adobe directories and you will not need to move the plug-in from Adobe CS5 to CS5.5 or CS6.
- If you are using a product installer that does not have an Adobe CS5.5 install option, see next step below.
Trapcode Product Installer 10.0 installer is displayed, has Adobe CS5.5 install option.
- Select to install for Adobe CS5 if the product installer does not have an Adobe CS5.5 or CS6 install option.
- This will install the product in to Adobe CS5 directories and you will need to move the folders/files from Adobe CS5 to CS5.5 or CS6, see next step below.
Magic Bullet Looks v1.4.3 CS5 installer is displayed, does not have Adobe CS5.5 install option.
- Complete the rest of the installation process and then move the product's files from the Adobe CS5 directory to the Adobe CS5.5 or CS6 directories. see below for these locations.
Step 2 - After Effects CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 directories
After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Adobe CS5: MacHD\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore
- Adobe CS5.5: MacHD\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.5\MediaCore
- Adobe CS6: MacHD\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore
Adobe CS5 MediaCore directory.
Adobe CS5.5 MediaCore directory (after moving files).
After Effects Presets
- Adobe CS5: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS5\Presets
- Adobe CS5.5: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS5.5\Presets
- Adobe CS6: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS6\Presets
After Effects CS5 Presets directory.
After Effects Scripts (Holomatrix and Knoll 3D Flare only)
- Adobe CS5: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS5\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\
- Adobe CS5.5: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS5.5\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\
- Adobe CS6: MacHD\Applications\Adobe After Effects CS6\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\
After Effects CS5 Scripts directory.
- Adobe CS5: MacHD\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins
- Adobe CS5.1: MacHD\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Plug-ins
- Adobe CS6: MacHD\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins
Adobe Photoshop Plug-ins directory.
Troubleshooting: if you do not have CS5 installed and are having difficulty with the installer creating this Adobe CS5 directory for you, please try the following
- Manually create the Adobe CS5 directory.
- See above for the Adobe CS5 folder(s) to create based on your product(s).
- Then re-run the product installer.
- Some of our Mac product installers have a custom install option.
- During installation when you are on the Installation Type screen, click on MediaCore folder under Location. If this is not an available option, there will be no folder listed under Location and it will not be clickable.
- Click Other and navigate to the proper plug-in folder (see above for Adobe CS5.5 directories), click Choose, and finish installation.
- Please note that if you use this method and if the Red Giant product you are installing also has presets and/or scripts, then these still may install to the Adobe CS5 directory, only the plug-in file will install to the CS5.5 directory.
Magic Bullet Looks v1.4.3 CS5 installer is displayed.
Date Modified: 2012-06-27 09:49:07