Hey folks – With a new feature packed OS from Apple, comes new opportunities for software developers. Sometimes there are a few hurdles as well. Fortunately, Apple has been communicating with us on an issue you may see with Red Giant and other installations in Mountain Lion.
The new OS from Apple (OS X 10.8) has a new “Gatekeeper” Security setting that is by default turned on. You will find that Gatekeeper currently only opens installers that Apple has “signed” (learn more here
). Our current installer packages are not signed in this way so you may encounter that they aren’t opening up after you’ve upgraded to OS 10.8.
But fear not! You know team RG is always here for you. We’re currently testing the newly released OSX 10.8 with our signed installer packages and we’re hoping to have it available to you within the next few business days once we make 100% sure it’s compatible. Customers looking to install Singular Software Products
may go to their downloads page
this afternoon to get their 10.8 compatible installers. All products, including the public Beta of PluralEyes 3 will be ready by the end of day today.
In the meantime, to install all the Red Giant goodness you’ve come to know and love, you can consult our fully illustrated and detailed Support FAQ
or you may follow our quick steps listed below:
How to turn off Gatekeeper to Install Red Giant Products on Mountain Lion 10.8:
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy
- Click the Lock icon at the bottom-left corner to enter your administrator’s name and password to make changes if it does not appear unlocked.
- Under “Allow applications downloaded from:” choose the “Anywhere” option
- When the Dialog box pops up, click “Allow from Anywhere” to confirm.
- You may now open and run the Red Giant installer.
- After installation finishes, you may change the Security Download Setting back to its previous and/or default option.
Learn more about Gatekeeper, HERE
on the Apple website. As always, if you have any trouble, you can always reach out to our awesome tech support team, right HERE
Have more questions? Check out these links: