Hey folks – when we released Red Giant Universe, we promised frequent updates. Today, just 8 weeks after our initial launch, we’re excited to bring you Universe 1.1 – A new update to Red Giant Universe that includes new free and premium tools, and updates to existing premium tools. In total there are 9 new effects, plus updates to 3 existing products! All told, there are now 59 effects and transitions in Universe, most of which are FREE!
How to get Universe 1.1
- If you are an existing Universe member, the new tools and updates can be downloaded directly through Red Giant Link.
- If you are new to Universe, and want to join, you can sign up for free membership HERE.
What’s New, At a Glance:
- Universe Noise: Luminance Noise
- Universe Blur: Compound Blur (Labs)
- Universe Utilities: Color Gamma Conversion
- Universe Glow: Glimmer
- Universe Stylize: Carousel
- Universe Stylize: Holomatrix EZ
- Universe CrumplePop: SplitScreen Blocks
- Universe CrumplePop: SplitScreen Custom Block
- Universe ToonIt: ToonIt Sketch
- ToonIt Paint: Add Halftone (P)
- ToonIt Outlines: Added Chalk presets (P)
- Universe Holomatrix: Added glitching, distortion, flicker and more (P)
New Tools, in Detail:
- Luminance Noise: Add quick rendering of noise and grain to the Luminance channel of your footage. Self-animating by frame, this tool is highly useful for mimicking the look of 35mm film grain and other noise effects.
- Compound Blur: A tool that blurs pixels based on the luminance values of another layer. This tool was chosen for development by the Universe Community through our Universe Labs.
- Color and Gamma Conversion: Converts RGB to a different color space. Choose from RGB to YUV, YUV to RGB, RGB to HSL, HSL to RGB, RGB to Lightness, sRGB to Linear, Linear to sRGB, Video Gamma(2.2) to Linear, and Linear to Video Gamma(2.2).
- Glimmer: Universe Glimmer creates colorful glints and animated twinkling effects at the bright areas of your image. This is a great effect for beauty shots, titles, music videos and more.
- Carousel: Carousel captures the classic look of vintage color cross-processing, film fading, and vignettes.
- Holomatrix EZ: Holomatrix EZ makes it even easier to create the same looks as Holomatrix, with streamlined controls and presets. This is an ideal tool for an editor who wants to work quickly to add effects to their text, logos and footage.
- SplitScreen Blocks: A quick assist tool in cropping, positioning, and resizing multiple video layers into split-screen compositions.
- SplitScreen Custom Blocks: Divide up the screen with customized shapes and break out of standard split-screen layouts with this advanced editing tool.
- Universe ToonIt Sketch: Create a loosely “sketched” hand drawn look for your video footage, in a variety of styles: Color Sketch on Gray, Scratchboard, Sketch on Brown, Smooth Gray, and Cartoon Subtle.
As always, if you have any questions or problems, our support team
is here for you.