Hi folks – today we are releasing Universe 3.1, an update to Red Giant Universe, our GPU accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists.
The Universe 3.1 release introduces 3 brand-new text and motion graphics tools and over 135 new presets.
- Numbers – Render and animate a wide variety of numbers, including currency, percentage, date and time.
- Array Gun – Generate animated motion graphics based on grids, shapes, and lines, featuring built in animation functions.
- Progresso – Generate animatable progress bars in many different styles
- HUD Components: 35 new presets have been added into HUD Components, bringing it to a total of over 65 ready-to-go animations that you can completely modify for your work.
HOW TO UPDATE
Existing Universe users will notice that, with this update, we are using our new Red Giant Application Manager to manage and install their copy of Universe. This new application manager replaces Red Giant Link. here’s how to install Universe 3.1:
- Step 1 – Download the installer
- Step 2 – Close your host applications
- Step 3 – Run the installer
- Step 4 – Click activate when the installer finishes. The Red Giant Application Manager will open.
- Step 5 – Log in to Red Giant Application Manager with your existing Red Giant ID. (you will only need to do this once.)
NEW TO UNIVERSE?
If you aren’t already a Universe customer, you can purchase a subscription or download a free trial at http://redgiant.com/universe.
Universe 3.1 runs on Windows and OS X, and includes over 80 tools that run in:
- Adobe After Effects CC 2017 or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 or later
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 or later
- Apple Motion 5.3.2 or later
- Avid Media Composer 8.2 or later
- Magix VEGAS Pro 14 or later
- Davinci Resolve 14 or later
- HitFilm Pro 6.0 and later
As always, if you have any questions or problems, our support team
is here for you.