Hey folks – today we are excited to announce the release of Red Giant VFX Suite 1.5, an upgrade to our set of tools for Visual Effects artists. VFX Suite 1.5 includes 1 brand new tool and upgrades to several existing tools.
If you have a subscription to Red Giant Complete, this update is included as a part of your subscription. If you own VFX Suite 1.0, you are eligible for a $199 upgrade. (see below for upgrade instructions)
NEW TOOL: LENS DISTORTION MATCHER
Lens Distortion Matcher is a new tool that makes matching the distortion of your lens incredibly easy, so that you can believably composite elements into your shot. Even if you don’t know what kind of lens, Lens Distortion Matcher can figure it out in an instant. As you identify curved lines that should be straight, Lens Distortion Matcher quickly solves the lens. Just a few clicks and the job is done.
We have added a ton of new, powerful features into existing tools. Here’s what’s new:
- Color Match – Use the new Color Match tool (found in the Color Correction tool) and Supercomp will instantly match the black and white points of the layers behind it, giving you a fast way to get a much more believable composite.
- Color Space Options – Supercomp now includes professional color handling options. 28 new color spaces have been added, supporting popular cameras from Arri, Blackmagic, Canon, RED, and more.
- Optical Glow and Layer Glow tools have been updated to include new Radiate options for creating organic light rays, the ability to separately scale the RGB channels of the glow, and the ability to separately scale the effect on the X and Y axes.
Optical Glow 1.5
- Radiate – Add light rays to your glow using the new Radiate feature. You can also control the size and center point of the rays.
- Per-Channel Size – Separately scale the RGB channels of the glow creating a more organic effect.
- Size XY – Optical Glow 1.5 introduces the option to separately control the scale of the glow effect on both the X- and Y-axis
King Pin Tracker 1.5
- Copy To Pins to From Pins – A new one-click workflow that copies the position of the To Pins to the From Pins. This speeds up the process of painting out an object, adding a set extension and more.
- Enhanced User Experience – Better placement tools such as moving the entire shape as one, and the ability to grab and offset the edges of your layer within the planar space created by the corner pin.
- Show Shadow Only – A one-click solution for instantly hiding the contents of the source layer and showing only the shadow.
- Distortion – Distort your shadow over bumps and dips in the background layer for a more realistic composite.
- Show Reflection Only – A one-click solution for instantly hiding the contents of the source layer and showing only the reflection.
- Distortion – Distort your reflection over bumps and dips in the background layer (such as the ripples on the surface of a lake) for a more realistic composite.
HOW TO UPGRADE
Red Giant Complete – If you own a subscription to Red Giant Complete, all you need to do is:
- Open Red Giant Application Manager.
- Close out of all host applications.
- Click the “Update” button for the VFX suite.
- Follow the installer prompts.
VFX Suite – If you own VFX Suite 1.0, you are eligible for an upgrade to version 1.5 for just $199. Head over to the VFX SUITE PAGE where you can purchase the upgrade right now.
Individual VFX Suite Products: If you do not own the suite but do own Supercomp, Shadow, Reflection, Optical Glow or King Pin Tracker, please refer to this FAQ for important update instructions.
NEW TO VFX SUITE?
VFX Suite is a set of tools aimed at solving some of the biggest challenges faced by visual effects artists today. VFX Suite 1.5 includes 10 plugins for keying, motion tracking, object replacement/removal and visual effects compositing – all right inside of After Effects. And if you need cool glows, distortions and lens flares – VFX Suite has got tools for that too.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, our support team is standing by to help.