Hey folks – today we are proud to introduce Magic Bullet Suite 14 and Trapcode Suite 16. We’ll cover the new additions in Trapcode Suite HERE in another blog post, but let’s take a look at what’s new in Magic Bullet Suite here.
IMPORTANT: If you are a Final Cut Pro user, please see the important FCPX information below.
Magic Bullet Suite 14 is a set of 7 tools for color correction, finishing and film looks. This release includes upgrades to Magic Bullet Looks and Magic Bullet Colorista. There are new color workflows, new LUT workflows and abilities, many new powerful tools, and tons of new presets, to get you started. Read more about what’s new below.
MAGIC BULLET LOOKS 5
Magic Bullet Looks is our tool for cinematic looks and color correction. It is by far the easiest, most powerful way to make your video look great. With over 300 fully-customizable presets to get you started, an intuitive set of tools for creating your own color grade, and both input and output color handling, Magic Bullet looks fits right into any real-time color workflow.
Here’s what’s new:
- Presets – With the Magic Bullet Looks plugin you can choose from over 100 brand-new Look presets, designed to match your favorite movies and TV shows. While presets are the fastest, simplest way to grade your footage, every one of the over 300 included presets is fully-customizable, and uses professional tools and powerful techniques to make your footage look amazing.
- Color Handling – Looks 5 includes a wide range of new color input and output transforms ensuring consistency, quality and flexibility when color correcting and creating deliverables. With Color Handling at both the beginning and end of the Looks tool chain, Magic Bullet looks can fit into any color workflow.
- Huenity is a powerful tool that makes it easy to simplify your color palette by customizing a range of hues. With a slick, intuitive UI that makes it simple to define the area you want to affect, Huenity makes it simple to bring together a range of colors.
- Color Remap is a first of its kind — a color corrector that allows you to easily map any color to any other color. You can perfectly match client color palettes, conform your shot using a color chart, or explore infinite creative options. As you remap colors, you see your results in a 3D color cube. You can easily pin down colors you don’t want to change, making Color Remap the most powerful color tool we’ve ever built.
- Channel Mixer is a powerful tool that can have a big impact on the color or your image. This tool makes it easy to feed the information from one color channel into the output of another color channel for things like creating high-quality black and white conversions, correcting color casts, and tinting and stylizing your footage.
- LUT Browser – The brand-new LUT Browser provides a sleek workflow allowing for any number of Lookup Tables to be imported, previewed on a thumbnail of your footage, and applied with ease. Expand your library of looks indefinitely. Import LUT packages, dailies LUTs, or LUTs you created with Colorista (a new feature in Colorista V) and make them part of your everyday color workflow.
- Looks Preset Search – The new Preset Search makes it simple and intuitive to find the Looks preset you need through the use of creative language and context. Search for presets using keywords such as movie titles, colors, moods and more. Respond fast to your client’s requests, discover different color palettes, become inspired, and craft the perfect look for your project.
- Tangent Support – You’ve asked and now here it is. Turn your workstation into a professional grading suite with support for Tangent control surfaces for the Colorista, 4-Way Color, and other Looks tools.
Dang, that’s a lot. We’ll let Stu Maschwitz walk you through all the new features in Looks 5:
MAGIC BULLET COLORISTA V
Magic Bullet Colorista V brings streamlined, professional color correction directly to your editing timeline. Colorista gives you easy access to the powerful and essential tools needed to correct and refine the color in your shot. Along with guided color correction, an integrated Adobe Panel and brand new powerful LUT workflow, Colorista V gives you access to everything you need for a professional grade.
Here’s what’s new:
- LUT Browser – We wanted to make LUTs easier to work with and apply than ever before. Import and preview LUTs over a thumbnail of your footage, and expand your library of LUT’s indefinitely. Import LUT packages, dailies LUTs, or LUTs you created with Colorista‘s new LUT generation tool, and make them part of your everyday professional color workflow.
- Generate LUTs – Once you’ve created a color grade you like, use Colorista’s new LUT generation tool to save it up as a LUT and then share across your timeline, facility or even the world. Use the LUT in Colorista, Looks, on set, in cameras or any other place LUTs are used.
- A New Color Engine Built for HDR – Colorista has always been a great HDR color corrector. With Colorista V, we’ve overhauled the render engine with new Highlight and Shadow Region controls, improved 3-way correction, and an all-new Clarity control. A new Highlight Boost control makes it easy to upgrade any video to HDR, while the new Saturation EQ (see below) gives you control of color curves with far fewer clicks.
- Preset Browser – Quickly preview and apply presets with Colorista’s Preset Browser and build your own library of custom presets. If you need to color correct many similar shots across your timeline, the new Preset Browser will help you work faster, more efficiently, and with greater consistency, but it’s also a great way to quickly find a look and get creative with the color in your shot.
- Saturation EQ – Take control of saturation in your image like never before. Colorista’s powerful new Saturation EQ tools gives you a unique and powerful way to control saturation across different “bands” of lightness or saturation in your footage. Use Saturation EQ to Desaturate just the highlights or shadows or to inject color into less saturated areas while removing saturation from colors that feel too intense.
Here’s a video walking you through what’s new in Colorista V.
HOW TO GET MAGIC BULLET SUITE 14
New Licenses: You can buy Red Giant Complete, Maxon One, or Magic Bullet Suite on our Buy page at Maxon.net.
Red Giant Complete or Maxon One: The upgrade of Magic Bullet Suite 14 is available as a part of your subscription to Red Giant Complete and Maxon One. To upgrade simply…
- Open Red Giant Application Manager.
- Close out of all host applications.
- Click the ‘Update’ button for the Magic Bullet suite.
- Follow the installer prompts.
Upgrade from an Older Version of Magic Bullet Suite or Individual Magic Bullet Products: If you have an older version of Magic Bullet Suite or an individual Magic Bullet product, there is special upgrade pricing available. Please contact our sales team HERE or one of our resellers HERE to learn more about your options.
ARE YOU A FINAL CUT PRO USER?
Due to some very recent changes by Apple in both MacOS Big Sur and Final Cut Pro, this release of Magic Bullet Suite does NOT currently support Final Cut Pro, and therefore no FCPX installers are included in this initial release. We are working with Apple to resolve the issues and will keep you posted. In the meantime, it is safe for you to install Magic Bullet Suite for any other supported apps on your computer. If you have older versions of Magic Bullet plug-ins installed for FCPX, they will not be affected.
As always, if you have any questions, our customer service team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to us at redgiant.com/support.