Technical Support Representative
JOB TITLE: Technical Support Representative
WORK HOURS: Full Time – Salaried
Location: Position can be based out of Portland (Oregon), Newport Beach, or Newbury Park office locations.
SUPERVISOR: Volume Support Manager
This job description is a record of the essential functions of the listed job. The job description provides the employee, administration, human resource department, applicants, and other agencies with a clear understanding of the job, where it fits in the organization, and the skill and work requirements in relation to other jobs. Jobs are always changing to some degree and the existence of the approved job description is not intended to limit normal change and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a member of the sales team as a technical support representative tasked with supporting volume (enterprise) customers and their technical needs
- Improve first response time as well as resolution times
- Become an expert on all issues, technologies, and products relevant to the volume sales department
- Expand support resources for customers on the website (FAQs)
- Continue to improve communication and process with the sales team
- Update existing documentation
- Build long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Deliver feedback to our product team to contribute to the constant innovation of our products
- Communicate regularly and effectively with team members, other department team members, and leadership
- Represent the company with the highest of integrity and professionalism and be a positive example within our organization
- Handle all confidential information with the highest degree of discretion without exception
- Utilize company assets in a prudent and judicious manner
- Any and all other duties reasonably assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 1 year of experience, preferably in a related space
- Experience with B2B technical support
- Experience with following sales processes and using CRM
- Total comfort demonstrating and discussing our products with business leaders
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a passion for unique and disruptive thinking
- Be able to work collaboratively across teams and with other people
- Be able to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced virtual team environment
- Willing to travel as needed
- Ability to be poised and polished under pressure
The summary of the position and responsibilities sections above provide a representative listing only and should not be regarded as a complete statement of tasks performed by incumbents of this position. It should be recognized, therefore, that any employee might be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those outlined.
For more information please contact Robert Sharp, Global Head of Sales, Red Giant/Maxon at email@example.com.