Magic Bullet Film
Magic Bullet Film is a Mercury enabled plugin. This means that in addition to being able to render in OpenGL, Magic Bullet Film can also be used with OpenCL and CUDA. While we recommend using Mercury rendering paths, it may be necessary to switch rendering methods if you are running into performance/rendering issues.
To change your rendering method in After Effects…
- Open After Effects and navigate to “File>Project Settings” and open the project settings dialog window.
- In the Project Settings window, navigate to “Video Rendering and Effects” and open the dropdown menu next to “Use:”. Pending on your hardware, you’ll be shown either “Mercury GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)” or “Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)”, and “Mercury Playback Engine Software Only”. Some hardware configurations will show all three options.
- Mercury GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) - OpenCL is supported across many graphic cards but is largely associated with ATI/AMD configurations. We recommend this setting over OpenGL.
- Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - CUDA is an Nvidia Technology and is only supported by Nvidia cards. We recommend this setting over OpenGL.
- Mercury Software Only - This is the OpenGL render option for our plugins. We recommend this setting to help troubleshoot issues with our products.