SUPERCOMP LAYER CONTROLS
Both individual layers and the entire Supercomp output have their own set of controls, which populate the Element Controls section when selected in the Supercomp Layers area.
These parameters appear when the entire Supercomp output has been selected from the Supercomp Layers area:
- Output Gamma adjusts the gamma's output curve to the overall Supercomp Effect. Select Video, Log, or Linear depending on the image source. If uncertain, leave at Video.
- Master Grain
- Amount sets how much grain is applied to the image.
- Size controls the size of the grain generated by the Master Grain parameter.
- Texture controls how much the original image influences grain placement, rebuilding it out of grain.
- Grain Channels
- Red, Green, Blue Amount sets the amount of grain in the Red, Green, and Blue channels.
- Red, Green, Blue Size sets the size of the grain in the Red, Green, and Blue channels.
- Grain Tonal Range
- Highlight sets how much Grain appears in the highlights of the image.
- Midtone sets how much Grain appears in the midtones of the image.
- Shadow sets how much grain appears in the shadow of the image.
These parameters appear whenever an individual Supercomp Layer has been selected.
- Layer Presets opens a menu of presets that, when selected, populate the layer with pre-built effects. Presets are great for shortcuts, inspirations, or just a draft of depicting whatever the layer is going to be used for. Learn more about Layer Presets here.
- Save Preset () saves the current array of effects and effect settings applied to a layer into a custom preset.
- Layer Type determines the blend mode of the layer. Selecting a blend mode adjusts the layer's color in the Supercomp Layers area. If an additive blend mode had already been set for the layer in After Effects prior to applying Supercomp, the Layer Types will have already been set to Additive.
- Normal (Blue): The layer is neither distorting nor coloring the frame information behind it.
- Additive (Yellow): The layer will be affecting the colors of the frame information behind it.
- Displacement (Purple): The layer will be distorting the frame information behind it.
- Gamma adjusts the gamma's output curve to the overall Supercomp Effect. Select Video, Log, or Linear depending on the image source. If uncertain, leave at Video.
- Opacity controls the transparency of the layer.
- Grain sets how much grain is applied to the output.