Supercomp provides a built-in library of Layer Presets that vary based on the Layer Type (Normal, Additive, and Displacement).
Presets are accessed by clicking the Layer Preset button in the Layer Controls for any Supercomp Layer, or by selecting Presets from the Effects wheel of any layer. The presets then appear in the bottom left area of the window:
- Previewing a Preset: Rollover any preset in the Preset Library to preview its effect on the layer.
- Applying a Preset: Click any Preset in the Preset Library to apply its effects and effect settings to the currently selected Supercomp Layer.
- Note this will overwrite any effects that had been applied to the layer beforehand. Use Ctrl/Cmd Z to undo this application.
- Saving a Custom Preset: Clicking the Save as Preset button () in the Layer Controls will save the array of effects and effect controls applied to the currently-selected Supercomp layer into a custom preset by a name of your choosing. Once saved, the preset can be accessed under the Custom section of the Layer Presets.
- Favoriting a Preset: Clicking the Favorite button to the left of any preset will mark that preset as a Favorite, placing it in the Favorites section of the Layer Presets library.
- Deleting a Custom Preset: Right-click any Custom Preset and select Delete to delete it entirely.
- Renaming a Custom Preset: Right-click any Custom Preset and select Rename to rename it.