Add colorful, rainbow like glows around titles and bright areas in any shot. Creates multi-chromatic diffuse glows or sharp-edged highlights.
- Apply the uni.Chromatic Glow effect onto your clip.
- Click the Choose a Preset button to see previews of the 9 presets available. Double-click any preset to apply.
Modify the Glow
- The Threshold slider limits what areas are affected to the brightest spots when brought up to 1.00 while lowering the Threshold widens the glow to affect the areas that are darker.
- Turning the Highlight Cutoff slider down towards 0 works to constrain the glow areas to only the brightest areas of the image. Raise this number to expand where the glow appears in the image.
- The Threshold Blur slider will limit how far the Blur extends out from the glowing spots when brought up to 1.00 while lowering the Threshold Blur widens the blur to affect less of the bright glow areas.
- To see the map of the bright spots being affected by the Glow and adjust the above tools more accurately, check the Show Threshold checkbox “On” to display the brightness map.
- The Intensity slider brings up the brightness of the glow, reducing its opacity and giving it a more solid, neon like effect.
- The Boost control will bring up the overall brightness of the glow effect when raised up towards 100.0.
- Use the Glow Radius control to expand or shrink the glow out from the brightest areas. The Chromatic color effect becomes accentuated when raising this control.
- The Radius X control stretches or shrinks the chromatic glow radius direction along the Horizontal axis while the Radius Y does the same in the Vertical axis direction.
- The RGB Split H and RGB Split V controls separate and offset the Red, Green, and Blue channels when brought up to 100 or down to -100. The separated color channels will stack on top of one another when these controls are set to 0.
- The Color From Source slider will bring out the color tones from the original layer and add them to the glow.
- The Tint selector allows you to change the color tint of the glow for better compositing and special effects.
- To see the colors of the color controls reflected in the image, turn the Tint Strength slider up towards 100. The tint color will affect and blend with the RGB channels in the glow as you increase it. Bringing it up all the way, the tint color will dominate the glow effect. To eliminate this tint color completely turn this control down to 0 so the pure RGB overlay to show through.
- The Red Channel, Blue Channel, and Green Channel groups allow you to control isolated color channels within the Glow effect.
- The Shift Horizontal and Shift Vertical controls will move the position of the selected color channel map along the X or Y axis without distortion.
- The Blur H and Blur V controls will blur and stretch the color channel along the Horizontal or Vertical axis. Using these blurs will soften and spread out the channel, thus reducing their opacity.
- The Mix sliders, set to 100.00 by default and mixes the the overall effect of the Glow Color channels on the layer with the original image.
- Increasing the Blend with Original will bring up the strength of the blending of the original layer with the Glow effect in the style according to what is chosen in the Blend Mode menu below.
- Chose from the Blend Mode drop-down to select the blending mode used to composite the Chromatic Glow result over the original image.
- The Mask control group will help you set the the mask options.
- Check “on” the Use Mask checkbox to have the glow effect constrained to the masked area.
- To see your mask more clearly and adjust it to your liking, check “on” the Show Masked Area.
- Select an option from the Shape drop-down menu to set the mask to either an ellipse or rectangular shape.
- The Invert checkbox when checked “On” will switch the glow effect to occur outside the selected mask shape instead of inside.
- The Point A crosshair control corresponds to the position of the top of the mask image and Point B controls correspond to the bottom position of the mask. Moving these points will squash or stretch out the shape of the mask, as well as move its position.
- The Radius control will spread the influence of the masked glow outwards from the center.
- The Feather Size will increase the translucency in the edges of the mask along a gradient.
- The Feather Direction will pull the transparent gradient towards the center of the mask if turned down towards -100 or out towards the edges if turned up to 100.