GLO FI II
Glo Fi is a self-animating, fractal-based glow effect for text. Add a unique, organic glow with presets and advanced controls.
- In Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Sony Vegas Pro, and Hit Film, drag the uni.Glo Fi II effect onto your clip.
- In Resolve, you'll need to follow a few extra steps:
- Have your text on a video track above your footage's video track
- Create a Compound Clip from your text, select it, and head into the Color view of Resolve's interface.
- Within the Node window of Resolve, sever the default link between the text's node and the output.
- Add a new Corrector node and Alpha output within the Node interface.
- Create links from the Text's RGB and Alpha outputs to the newly created Corrector Node's RGB and alpha inputs
- Then create links from the Corrector node's RGB and Alpha outputs to the final outputs for RGB and alpha, respectively.
- Right-click in the Node interface and select Use OFX Alpha
- Apply Glo Fi II to your Text node, and enable the Unmult option.
- Apply uni.Unmult to your Corrector node.
Modifying the Effect
- Browse Presets… brings up an animated gallery of presets, which are applied by either double-clicking the preset, or highlighting your preset and clicking Select.
- Color Map contains a drop down locked-in list of color presets, which dictate their colors onto the adjustable Colorize parameters below.
- Loop Duration (Sec) controls how long the effect lasts in seconds before circling back around to the appearance of its first frame. A longer loop results in a more varied effect.
- Speed adjusts how fast the effect shimmers.
- Brightness determines the range of shades the effect reaches from brightest to darkest.
- Boost adjuts the scale at which the brightness builds from the source outward.
- Directional Blur controls how the blur expands from the source, but from the Horizontal axis, Vertical axis, or None which results in a glow without blur.
- Blur twirls down various parameters that affect solely the blur:
- Gaussian Blur Size which controls how large of a blur created around your effect.
- Gaussian Blur Mix adjusts the opacity of the Gaussian Blur over the source.
- Streak Blur Size controls how far the streak blur tapers away from the source.
- Streak Blur Mix adjusts the opacity of the Streak Blur over the source.
- Colorize contains adjustable color swatches for the Highlights, Midtones, and Shadows of the effect, coupled with a Saturation parameter, which controls how saturated or desaturated you want your glow to be. These are set automatically by the Color Map parameter above, but can be customized to your liking from here.
- Post Glow adds an additional glow to the blurred effect created through the parameters above.
- Source Pattern twirls down an array of adjustable controls that affect a randomized pattern that affects how the glow appears:
- Contrast which affects the range of brightness within glow’s randomized pattern.
- Scale adjusts the scale of the randomized pattern used to affect the glow; lower numbers results in larger and less repeated variations (0 being no variations), larger numbers result in the smaller, more frequent varitations.
- Scroll X and Scroll Y scrolls the randomized pattern along the X and Y axis, accordingly.
- Random Seed adjusts the number (‘seed’) from which the randomized glow pattern was built from; this can either be used to animate your effect in a different manner than the parameters above allow, or to just differentiate the appearance of your glow effect if it looks too similar to another one right alongside it.
- Glow Mix adjusts the transparency of the effect over the source.
- Allow HDR Results is a toggle that allows the glow effect to preserve its High Dynamic Range colors, instead of remapping them to non-HDR results.