Universe Hacker Text transitions between two text inputs by altering each individual character.
- Drag the uni.Hacker Text effect onto a clip.
- When applying a Text Effect directly to footage, be sure to head into the Blend Mode section toward the bottom of the parameters to switch it from its default None to Normal.
- Click the Choose a Preset button to see an animated preview of all the presets available. Double-click any preset to apply.
- After modifying the effect, select Save a Preset... to save the modifications as a custom preset.
Modifying the Effect
- Edit Text
Launches a modular window with options to customize the text input for the transition.
- Display provides toggles between displaying the starting text (Source Text) and final text (Target Text).
- Alignment offers the standard text alignment options from Left, Center, and Right.
- Source Text defines the string of text at the beginning of the transition.
- Target Text defines the string of text at the end of the transition.
- Target Attributes contains an array of customization options for the text; font, size, color, emphasis (bold, italic, both, none), and character spacing.
- Position controls the coordinates that define where within the frame your text will appear.
- Transition defines the completion state of the transition, with 0% being at the start of the transition and 100% being at the end.
- Transition Type
Determines which states are transitioned through.
- Random=>Target starts with a random assortment of characters before transition into the Target Text.
- Source=>Random=>Target starts with the Source Text before transitioning into random characters, that then transition into the Target Text
- Source=>Target starts with the Source Text and just transitions directly to the Target Text.
- Reveal adjusts if the text transitions from the Left to Right, Right to Left, or Random.
- Prefix and Suffix offer an assortment of symbols that can either precede or follow the text inputs that remain unchanged during the transition.
- Text Settings
- Font Size adjusts how large or small the text appears
- Font Color defines the color of the text
- Justification determines if the text is aligned to the Left, Center, or Right.
- Horizontal Tracking controls the spacing between characters.
These parameters will only affect your transition if Random is one of the states in your Transition Type defined above.
- Scroll Behavior determines if the randomized text will scroll through random characters regardless of the Transition completion percentage (Scroll with Time), or only when the Transition completion is adjusted (Scroll with Transition).
- Scroll Rate controls the speed at which randomized text is changing from one character to the next.
- Preserve Spaces toggles whether spaces in your text inputs are included in the randomized text animations.
- Random Seed adjusts the formula-- and subsequently the variations-- used to create the random effect.
- Random Characters contains toggles that define which types of characters appear within the randomizations, as well as what Number Limit or Character Limit (A-Z) is in place.
- Enable Glow toggles a glow around the text with control over the brightness (Glow Intensity) and expansion (Glow Radius) of the glow.
- Enable Scan Lines toggles an array of lines that overlay the text, complete with adjustable line width (Scan Line Thickness), spacing between lines (Scan Line Spacing), and opacity (Scan Line Opacity).
- Foreground Opacity and Background Opacity controls the opacity of the text (Foreground Opacity) or the layer the text has been applied to (Background Opacity), complete with the standard Blend Mode options that adjusts how the text overlay interacts with the background. None is the default, with Normal overlaying the text on top of whatever background it's been applied to.