A library of optically-captured, highly customizable light leak transitions that give your footage a moody and filmic look.
Getting Started in a timeline
- Dragging the transition over your edit in the timeline, drop it at the end or beginning of a clip, or in between two clips.
- Modify the Duration either by entering a length in the field, or dragging directly in the timeline.
- You can choose the Alignment (Center at Cut, Start at Cut, End at Cut, Custom Start) either by positioning the transition in the timeline, or by choosing from the Alignment drop-down in some host applications.
Getting Started in a compositor
- Apply the transition to the layer you want to transition from.
- Choose the footage layer you would like to transition to in the Transition B drop-down menu. (Note for Motion users: drag the footage layer up to the Transition B box).
- Animate your transition using the Mix slider from 0-100%. Set a keyframe for 0% where the transition should start, then set another at 100% for the end.
Modify the Transition
- The Lens Flare drop-down allows you to select from 15 presets designed by CrumplePop to set the tone of your transition.
- Use Blend Mode to select the blending mode used to composite the lens flare transition over the original image.
- Set the Opacity to a number lower than 100.00 to make the lens flare more transparent.
- The Brightness slider will lighten the overall look of the Lens Flare as it transits.
- Use the Saturation slider to increase the color intensity within the frame during the transition.
- The Hue color picker control can be used with the Hue Intensity slider to bring an overall colored tone to the lens leaks. For the hue to appear, the Hue Intensity slider must be raise up from its default of 0.
- The Flip drop-down menu allows you to change the position of the transition in the frame. Choose from Horizontal, Vertical, or Both.