Create dramatic noir lighting effects, with saturation controls, optically captured vignettes, flickering, venetian patterns and more using CrumplePop Noir Moderne.
- Drag the uni.Noir Moderne effect onto your clip.
- Click the Browse Presets button to see an animated preview of all the presets available. Double-click any preset to apply. Once a preset is selected, you will see its name selected within the Vignette Preset drop-down menu below. Presets can also be applied directly from this Vignette Preset menu.
Modify the Effect
- To decrease the overall strength of the Vignette Preset, turn the Vignette Opacity control down from 100.00 to a lower setting.
- Changing the Noir Contrast slider from its default 50 will increase or decrease how evident the difference between darkness and lightness is within the image.
- The Exposure controls lighten or darken the overall scene. -1.0 yields a dark, underexposed look, while +1.0 gives you an overexposed effect that bleaches out the shadow details.
- Bring the Saturation slider up towards 100 to add back the color of the original image or leave it at 0 for a black and white image.
- The Lens Blur control from 0 to 100 to increase the intensity and influence of the Blur.
- Choose from the Blend Mode drop-down to select the blending mode used to composite the Noir Moderne result over the original input image.
- Turning on the 18FPS checkbox changes the frame rate of your footage to 18 FPS, which gives the footage a slightly jerky, distorted feel throughout the effect. If you’d like a smoother animated effect, leave this box off to keep the footage’s original frame rate.