Universe Screen Text is designed to imitate text scrolling up a screen. The plugin can generate random text streams, or you can enter your own text and set up a text scroll. The scrolling text can slowly reveal itself as if it's being typed in, or the text lines can appear all at once, or one line can display at a time.
- Drag the uni.Screen Text effect onto a solid.
- Click the Choose a Preset button to see an animated preview of all the presets available. Double-click any preset to apply.
- After modifying the effect, select Save a Preset... to save the modifications as a custom preset.
Modify the Effect
- Edit Text launches a modular window with options to customize the text input for the effect with standard alignment, font, font size, font style, color, line spacing, and character spacing options.
- Position controls the coordinates that define where within the frame your text will appear.
- Scroll Rate adjusts the speed at which the text types onto the frame line by line.
- Scroll Offset determines how much text is visible prior to the starting frame of the animation.
- Shift Lines Up toggles whether the text moves upward as more lines appear, or if it stays in position as lines type downward.
- Line Shift Start controls which line (from the top of the source) that, once completed, begins the scrolling adjustment on the rest of the text block.
- Text Settings
- Font Size adjusts how large or small the text appears
- Font Color defines the color of the text
- Justification determines if the text is aligned to the Left, Center, or Right.
- Line Spacing adjusts how much room is between each line.
- Horizontal Tracking controls the spacing between characters.
- Use Cursor toggles whether a cursor accompanies the reveal of text.
- Cursor Type provides several options for the cursor's appearance.
- Use Text Color toggles whether the cursor is the same color as the text.
- Cursor Color provides a swatch that dictates the cursor color in the event Use Text Color is disabled.
- On Duration determines how many frames the cursor remains on-screen.
- Off Duration determines how many frames the cursor is hidden.
- Random Characters adjusts the amount of randomized lettering applied to the text input.
- Preserve Spaces toggles whether spaces in your text inputs are included in the randomized text animations.
- Random Characters contains toggles that define which types of characters appear within the randomizations, as well as what Number Limit or Character Limit (A-Z) is in place.
- Random Seed adjusts the formula-- and subsequently the variations-- used to create the random effect.
- Enable Glow toggles a glow around the text with control over the brightness (Glow Intensity) and expansion (Glow Radius) of the glow.
- Enable Scan Lines toggles an array of lines that overlay the text, complete with adjustable line width (Scan Line Thickness), spacing between lines (Scan Line Spacing), and opacity (Scan Line Opacity).
- Foreground Opacity and Background Opacity controls the opacity of the text (Foreground Opacity) or the layer the text has been applied to (Background Opacity), complete with the standard Blend Mode options that adjusts how the text overlay interacts with the background.