An effect that creates a 6 point color map from your A and B footage and uses the colors to transition between the two. Change the motion of the transition with 23 animation style options. Randomize points and time offset options to create unique movements between frames.
Getting Started in a timeline
- Dragging the transition over your edit in the timeline, drop it at the end or beginning of a clip, or in between two clips.
- Modify the Duration either by entering a length in the field, or dragging directly in the timeline.
- You can choose the Alignment (Center at Cut, Start at Cut, End at Cut, Custom Start) either by positioning the transition in the timeline, or by choosing from the Alignment drop-down in some host applications.
Getting Started in a compositor
- Apply the transition to the layer you want to transition from.
- Choose the footage layer you would like to transition to in the Transition B drop-down menu. (Note for Motion users: drag the footage layer up to the Transition B box).
- Animate your transition using the Mix slider from 0-100%. Set a keyframe for 0% where the transition should start, then set another at 100% for the end.
Modify the Transition
- Spectra Time Offset: offset which frame the spectrum pulls color information from.
- Increasing the Spectra Pre Blur control will add a blur to the image.
- The Animation drop-down menu gives multiple choices of interpolation styles for the animation of your transition. The default is 'Linear Tween'.
- Master Spread: When adjusted down the control will shrink the space each individual color takes up in the frame, making their areas more defined. When this control is increased the colors spread out and blend together for a softer look.
- The Noise control adds slight noise patterns to your gradient for a more organic look that covers the banding look you may encounter in some gradient instances.
- When turned on, the Lighten Blend checkbox blends the spectrum together in a “lighten” mode.
- Animate Points: choose the pattern in which the spectrum points move across the screen.
- Slow Transform animates the pointsslowly along with the spread
- Randomize moves the spectrum points in a random motion across the screen
- None keeps the points in their original position.
- Point Speed allows you to set the speed of the movement of the animated points.
- Adjust the Random Seed slider to randomize the spectrum points for new spectrum map results.