Universe Text Tile generates multiple columns of random data such as characters, numbers, timestamps, computer data, and more.
- Drag the uni.Text Tile effect onto your clip.
- When applying a Text Effect directly to footage, be sure to head into the Blend Mode section toward the bottom of the parameters to switch it from its default None to Normal.
- Click the Choose a Preset button to see an animated preview of all the presets available. Double-click any preset to apply.
- After modifying the effect, select Save a Preset... to save the modifications as a custom preset.
Modify the Effect
- Position controls the coordinates that define where within the frame your text will appear.
- Text Style launches a modular window with options to customize the text, including: alignment, font, font size, font style, color, line spacing, and character spacing options.
- Columns and Rows defines how many of each to include within the text tile.
- Vertical Spacing controls the spacing between rows.
- Vertical Scroll animates the text scrolling up the rows of the tile.
- Auto Scroll Columns toggles whether the contents of the columns scroll continually through their contents sequentially (Scroll Vertical), at random (Randomize Columns), or not at all (None).
- Auto Scroll Rate adjusts the speed at which the contents scroll through the columns (this will not have an effect if Auto Scroll Columns is set to None).
- Sorting dictates if the contents are arranged alphabetically (A-Z), reverse-alphabetically (Z-A), or at Random.
- Loop Row defines the last row to appear when scrolling the contents before looping the next row back from the top.
- Global Random Seed adjusts the algorithm used to create randomizations throughout the effect. Use this to add variance between other Text Tile effects that share similar settings.
- Column Header
- Use Header toggles whether the first row remains static as a header column.
- Edit Column Headers launches a modular window with a text entry wherein each line of text becomes the headers used across the columns.
- Grid Settings
- Enable Grid toggles whether a grid separates the cell contents of the table.
- Complete Horizontal toggles whether the horizontal lines of the table extend completely between columns.
- Grid Completion adjusts how much of the grid is filled in when Complete Horizontal is disabled.
- Shift Horizontal and Shift Vertical offset the grid from the table contents along the horizontal or vertical axis.
- Stroke Width controls the stroke of the grid.
- Enable Highlight toggles a highlight to appear on single or multiple cells within the table.
- Highlight Entire Row toggles the highlight to extend across all columns.
- Highlight Row and Highlight Column adjusts which row and column to set the highlight on.
- Block Fill toggles if the background gets colored within the highlighted cell(s)
- Block Fill Color sets the color of the background when Block Fill is enabled.
- Highlight Opacity adjusts the transparency of the colored background when Block Fill is enabled.
- Highlight Character 1 sets what (if any) character prefixes the highlighted cell(s) contents.
- Highlight Character 2 sets what (if any) character suffixes the highlighted cell(s) contents.
- Highlight Color defines the color of the text within the highlighted cells.
- Use Secondary Color toggles whether cells adjacent to highlighted cells are colored.
- Highlight Secondary defines the color of highlighted cell's adjacent cells if Secondary Color is toggled above.
- Highlight Size Modify adjusts an optional sizing offset of the highlighted cell contents.
- Highlight Ramp Factor adjusts an optional sizing offset of highlighted cell's adjacent rows in relation to the highlighted row's size. This only has an effect when Highlight Entire Row is toggled above.
- Enable Gap
- Enable Gap toggles gaps in the table rows to occupy the cell's contents.
- Gap Follows Scroll toggles whether the gap moves in line with any scrolling outlined in the Vertical Scroll and Auto Scroll Columns parameters above.
- Gap On 1 & 2 and Gap Off 1 & 2 define the rows where the gap(s) begin (On) and end (Off).
- Random Error Freq adjusts the percentage chance that a cell's contents will be overwritten with a generated Error message.
- Error Message contains a list of predefined error messages to appear when an Error appears.
- Enable Glow toggles a glow around the text with control over the brightness (Glow Intensity) and expansion (Glow Radius) of the glow.
- Enable Scan Lines toggles an array of lines that overlay the text, complete with adjustable line width (Scan Line Thickness), spacing between lines (Scan Line Spacing), and opacity (Scan Line Opacity).
Each column has an identical set of parameters with C1-8 suffixes denoting which column the parameter is in reference to. The Column parameter definitions below are applicable across all eight of the Column parameter sets.
- Choose a Preset... launches a modular window with presets available that populate the contents of the column.
- Column Data Type contains a list of data types that unlock various parameter sets below depending on the selection made; the only exception being the Custom option.
- Edit Text launches a modular window with a text entry wherein each line of text becomes the entries for each row within the column.
- Text Settings twirls down options to customize the Font Size, Font Color, Justification (Left, Center, Right), or the spacing between characters (Horizontal Tracking).
- Column Width adjusts how wide or narrow the column is.
- Vertical Scroll animates the cell contents upward (positive values) or downward (negative values) through the column.
- Character Reveal adjusts how many characters in each cell of the column are displayed.
- Random Seed adjusts the algorithm used to create randomizations within the column. Use this to add variance between other columns that share similar text inputs.
- Custom Cell Value twirls down a set of parameters that toggle whether a cell within the column is overwritten with a custom input (Enable Custom Value), with control over which row the custom input is displayed on (Custom Row), and what the custom input should read (Edit Custom Cell Text...).
- Prefix and Suffix
- Prefix Character and Suffix Character contains options with characters that can either precede or follow each of the column's cell inputs.
- Fill Character(s) determines what character(s) (if any) fills the empty space between the text input and the Fill Length set below.
- Fill Length sets a minimum length for each row's contents. If the length is not met, character defined in Fill Character fills the empty space. This parameter will not truncate your text in the event it extends beyond the length set.
- Suffix Position determines if the Suffix Character precedes the Fill Character(s) (Suffix Precedes Filler) or follows it (Suffix Follows Filler).
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Numbers.
- Min Value and Max Value determine the maximum and minimum number values allowed within the column.
- Number of Decimals dictates the number of decimal points allowed within the column.
- Decimal Separator contains an array of options as to what gets placed in the decimal's position.
- Use Commas toggles whether commas are used within every three decimal places.
- Swap Comma/Period toggles whether commas and the decimal separators are exchanged.
- Unit of Measure contains a set of measurement demarcations that accompany the cell contents.
- Currency contains options to display the numbers in the column as currency, complete with options that control the Currency Format, whether the currency symbol is shown alongside the numbers (Symbol After Numbers), and what the Currency Type is.
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Characters.
- Min Character Length and Max Character Length defines the minimum and maximum number of characters allowed in the cell contents within the column.
- Character Separator defines what (if any) gets used to separate each of the characters within the cell.
- Separator Spacing adjusts how many characters occur in the string between separators.
- Separator Offset adjusts the position of the separators within the characters of the text input.
- Separator Padding adds optional spacing between each separator and the text around around them.
- Random Characters contains options controlling what assortment of characters are allowed within the randomized characters, including Uppercase Letters and Lowercase Letters, as well as basic Numbers 0-9, and hexadecimal numeration (Hexadecimal Uppercase and Hexadecimal Lowercase), along with Symbols, and options to limit the numbers that appear (Number Limit), and the character limit within the 25 letters of the alphabet (Character Limit).
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Dates.
- Date Format holds an array of options that dictate the date's formatting.
- Date Separator determines what character gets used to separate month from day from year.
- Year sets what year anchors the dates shown in the column, with Range adjusting how far behind and ahead (in days) the randomized dates can get.
- Date All Caps toggles if the dates are all written in capital letters (when applicable).
- Range adjusts how far before and after (in days) the dates are randomized within.
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Time.
- Format determines the formatting of the clock (12 Hour Clock, 24 Hour Clock, or Timecode)
- Hours Offset and Minutes Offset set how far ahead of the clock format's start time (12am, or 0:00:00) the time values appear.
- Time Rate sets the interval at which time values increase or decrease from their original values.
- Time Random adjusts the amount of randomization range among the cells.
- Show Seconds toggles whether seconds appear.
- Show ms / Frames toggles whether frames/miliseconds appear in the time values.
- Milliseconds Rate sets the interval at which values increase or decrease from their original values when milliseconds are present.
- Time Separator contains a dropdown list of options for what separates the hours, seconds, and milliseconds.
- Allow Negative Values toggles whether the time values can dip into the negatives. Disabling this results in time rolling over values.
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Names.
- Name Format contains presets with options on how first and last names are displayed.
- All Caps toggles if the names are all written in capital letters.
- Gender Mix dictates the mix of neutral/female/male names prevalent throughout the column.
- Name Separator contains a dropdown list of options for what separates the first and last names.
- Front Character contains optional @ or # symbols to prefix each name..
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Geography.
- Include City toggles whether the city is displayed alongside the location.
- Include Region/County toggles whether the region/county is displayed within the location.
- Region Lower Limit and Region Upper Limit controls the range within the alphabetical list (A being 0, Z being 100) of regions available the regions are displayed from.
- Abbreviate State/Province toggles whether states and provinces are abbreviated.
- Geography All Caps toggles if the locations are all written in capital letters
- Regions contains a toggle-able list of regions to pull location data from.
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Data.
- Data Format contains a preset list of types of data strings to populate the column.
- Comp Data Separator contains a preset list of characters to act as separators between data strings where applicable.
- Directory Settings contains parameters that only affect cell contents when Directory/Files is set as the Data Format.
- Show Extension toggles whether the files listed show their extensions (.xml, .json, etc.)
- Directories sets the level of directories shown per file.
- Phone Settings contains parameters that only affect cell contents when Phone Number is set as the Data Format.
- Phone Format contains presets that dictate how the phone numbers are formatted.
- Use Parenthesis toggles whether the area code is enclosed in parenthesis.
- Use Country Code toggles whether the country code is prefixed alongside phone numbers.
- Phone Separator contains a list of what character gets used to separate sections of the phone numbers.
- Country Code Min and Country Code Max defines the ranges used for country codes that prefix the phone numbers.
- Area Code Min and Area Code Max defines the range used for the area codes within the phone numbers.
- Prefix Min and Prefix Max defines the range for the prefix within the phone numbers.
Note this set of parameters is only usable when the Column Data Type is set to Words.
- Word 1 Source thru Word 8 Source contain a dropdown list of categories each word within the cell will be generated from.
- Word Separator contains a list of what character gets used to separate each word within the column.
- Word Capitalization contains a list of capitalization options for the words within the column.
- Foreground Opacity and Background Opacity controls the opacity of the text (Foreground Opacity) or the layer the text has been applied to (Background Opacity), complete with the standard Blend Mode options that adjusts how the effect interacts with the background. None is the default, with Normal overlaying the text on top of whatever background it's been applied to.