Universe Type Cast animates text properties like color, opacity, size, position, and rotation-- either by word or by character.
- Drag the uni.Type Cast effect onto your clip.
- When applying a Text Effect directly to footage, be sure to head into the Blend Mode section toward the bottom of the parameters to switch it from its default None to Normal.
- Click the Choose a Preset button to see an animated preview of all the presets available. Double-click any preset to apply.
- After modifying the effect, select Save a Preset... to save the modifications as a custom preset.
Modify the Effect
- Edit Text launches a modular window with options to customize the text input for the effect, including an array of customization options for the font, size, color, emphasis (bold, italic, both, none), character and line spacing.
- Position controls the coordinates that define where within the frame your text will appear.
- Grouping sets whether text animates by the Characters or by Words.
- Effect Start determines where within the text provided the effect begins its animation.
- Effect Width adjusts how wide of an area within the text input the animation effect is.
- Effect Ramp sets the position of the animation's ramp within the text.
- Crop determines if the effect crops out any text not within the animation (To Effect) or not (None).
- Use Effect Color toggles whether the effect generates its own color, or just uses what was inherent within the original source text.
- Color sets the color used if Use Effect Color is toggled.
- Offset X and Offset Y adjust any text offsetting done by the animation.
- Link Scale toggles whether any scaling adjustments done below are linked to both X and Y axis.
- Scale X and Scale Y sets the resizing created along the X or Y axis by the animation.
- Opacity adjusts the transparency of the animation.
- Rotation controls any rotation done to the text by the animation.
- Animation Curve provides multiple choices of interpolation styles for the animation of your transition. The default is 'Ease In Out Quad'.
- Text Settings contains an array of parameters that control the Font Size, Font Color, Justification, Line Spacing, and Horizontal Tracking.
- Foreground Opacity and Background Opacity controls the opacity of the text (Foreground Opacity) or the layer the text has been applied to (Background Opacity), complete with the standard Blend Mode options that adjusts how the effect interacts with the background. None is the default, with Normal overlaying the text on top of whatever background it's been applied to.